Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some Thoughts

As this year comes to a close, and the new year approaches, I begin to think about things I want to do, my resolutions so to speak. Of course there are the frivolous ones, like making it a point to dress nicer. In other words, get out of my PJ's. There are some days (ok, most days) where I change out of my PJ's, only to put on a new pair. Comfy and practical, but it tends to leave me feeling frumpy. I'm tired of feeling frumpy, so it's time to put on some real clothes. (I realize that I am typing this while in my PJ's.)

Besides the frivolous resolutions, I have been thinking about some things that will help others, particularly those in the PWS community. I really want to do some heavy fundraising. If there is one wish I have for my life, it is to see a cure for PWS. This can only be achieved by raising money for research.

I also want to do something special for families as they are newly diagnosed. I remember feeling so alone and overwhelmed when we first learned about Delilah's diagnosis, even with all the support of my family and friends. I felt like no one really knew what we were going through. Then I found the PWS community on Facebook and Yahoo Groups. Without this community I would be lost. I haven't met any of these wonderful people in person and sometimes I don't participate as much as I would like, but I feel like we are a family.

So, I was thinking about trying to make a blanket or baby quilt for those newly diagnosed. Something special they could cuddle up with and know that they are not alone. We are all in this together. I'm not entirely sure how to make this possible. This has been on my mind for a while, so I really want to do it. I just have to figure out all the logistics. Mainly a way to get the materials needed without breaking the bank. Any suggestions? Is this even a possibility? My idea may be too big to achieve. I would love to know what you all think.

No comments:

Post a Comment