Thursday, December 23, 2010

Decorating Cookies

Yesterday I started my holiday baking. I managed to get the sugar cookies baked during Delilah's nap, but due to some Mommy neediness (she throws major fits if I leave the room, even while playing with daddy), I had to wait until she went to bed to make the fudge and snickerdoodles. I still have to make some chocolate covered pretzels and the Muddy Buddies Chex Mix.

Anyhow, while John was giving D a bath, I was able to get some of the sugar cookies iced. (Note the 'some' in that sentence. John had to finish as Delilah wouldn't let me leave her sight.) We then let her help sprinkle a small cookie and have a special treat. Decorating sugar cookies has always been a fun Christmas tradition in my family and I want to carry that on with my child(ren). I know that in the future, PWS may make this more difficult, if not impossible, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

As expected, Delilah could have cared less about adding the sprinkles. She just wanted to eat the cookie. I can't blame her, they are pretty good, and she rarely gets cookies! Here are some pics of the process and some of the finished cookies. Enjoy!

















And because the next few days will be filled with family and fun, I probably won't be updating the blog until after Christmas. We hope you have a Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment