Monday, April 19, 2010

First Dress

My newest hobby is sewing. I have always wanted to learn to sew, so I have been teaching myself. Thank goodness for the internet and YouTube. In the past few months I have done a few little projects (camera strap cover, blanket, apron), but the other day I though about making a dress for Delilah. I love the cute handmade ones I see at Craft Shows and specialty stores, but they cost WAY too much. They also looked so simple. And believe it or not, they are. I downloaded a pattern/tutorial for a pillow case dress (one where I could use my own fabric), and I made my first ever dress for Delilah. And it turned out beautifully!!! See for yourself.




I cannot wait to make more. It is going to save us so much money, especially since she falls between sizes and most things don't fit her well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment