Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When it rains, It STORMS

Where do I even begin with this post? The last 24 hours have not been fun. Let's start with the most uncomfortable. Our AC decided to stop working yesterday afternoon. Leave it to the Fates to stop my AC on a cool, 95 degree day. (Can you hear the sarcasm dripping from my voice?!?) Luckily I called my Mom, who reminded me of the Home Warranty we received when we bought the house. Whew! I wasn't going to have to pay a fortune to get it fixed. But I did have to wait until today, around 6:30pm for it to be fixed. It made for a restless night and a very long day. I could definitely tell the heat was affecting Delilah. My usually active child was very mopey and tired. Who could blame her though? It reached 90 degrees inside this oven of a house. I tried to use a product called Chill Towels to cool her down, but she wouldn't keep it on. Not to mention her skin seemed to be a bit sensitive to it. Thankfully the repair man was able to fix our problem, but not before I received a very upsetting phone call.

Most of you know that my husband, John, has been in Iraq for the past six months. He was supposed to come home Friday afternoon. Well, he called me this afternoon to tell me the plane he was supposed to be flying out on had broken down. They were unsure when/if it could be fixed. So it looks like his arrival will be post-poned. Unsure of how long we will have to wait. Hopefully they can get it all situated soon, but knowing the Air Force, I won't hold my breath. It just really burns me that there isn't a backup plan for something like this. These men and women have been away from their families for a long time. Yes, some things happen that are out of our control, but when it comes to getting our soldiers home, there should always be an alternate plan. They should be a priority. It shouldn't be a "wait and see" type of issue. Not only does this disappoint the waiting families, but it really upsets the soldiers. John was really bummed when we talked. I can only imagine how the rest of the soldiers were feeling.

But I need to look on the brighter side of things. At least he will be coming home. And now I have extra time to get some things done around the house that I haven't been able to do with the heat; like laundry and vacuuming. Hopefully we will be reunited soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment