As this is her birthday, I have decided today is the perfect day to kick off my campaign for the Scotiabank, One Small Step Walk. If ever there was a fundraiser near and dear to my heart it is this one. I, along with 49 other locations worldwide, will be hosting walks to benefit Prader-Willi research. It is my dream to see a cure within my lifetime. My walk will be August 27th, 9am-Noon at Heardmont Park in Birmingham, AL.
There are several ways you can help:
- You can donate to my fundraiser page: http://onesmallstep.fpwr.org/dw/users/unfriedoss/birmingham
- All donations $25 or more will receive a tax receipt
- You can also mail checks directly to me. Please email me for the address.
- You can participate in the walk and create your own fundraiser page: http://onesmallstep.fpwr.org/dw/walking/location/34
- Even if you don't want to utilize the online donation page, please register as we will use it to determine the amount of people attending the walk.
- If you can't attend the walk you can still raise money for us as a "Virtual Walker". Create your page and collect donations. You don't have to be present at the event to be eligible for prizes.
- Speaking of PRIZES
- International Prizes (to be drawn Oct. 15)
- XBox 360 with Kinect - raise a minimum of $200 to be entered into drawing (only one entry)
- Trip for 2, including up to $1500 air voucher - for every $500 raised you will recieve one entry for this prize.
- For more info on the international prizes please visit: http://onesmallstep.fpwr.org/content/oss-contest-rules
- There will also be a raffle for some prizes (yet to be determined) at the walk.
- SPREAD THE WORD
- Please help me get the word out by telling everyone who will listen about this fundraiser
- Family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, church members, local businesses, etc.
- Help me with planning this walk!!!
- I need help gathering all the items needed to pull off a successful Walk. If there is anything or anyway you can contribute, please let me know. below are some of the things we are trying to get donated to our walk.
- Prizes for Raffle
- Items for Silent Auction (gift baskets, photography sessions, artwork, etc)
- Children's Activities (bounce house, face painter, games, arts and crafts, etc)
- Water (buffalo rock product) and Healthy snacks
- Loot Bags for walkers
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help if you can. Thank you!