Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holiday Preparations

We have had a very pleasant weekend. It is highly unusual for us to be home, together, all weekend. So what did we do with all our family time? We put up our Christmas Tree!


I know, I know! Most of you are probably thinking it is too early, we should celebrate Thanksgiving first. Normally I would wait until after Thanksgiving dinner to start putting up our tree, but this was truly the best weekend to put it up. Our next few weekends are going to be so busy. We have family visiting for Thanksgiving and the Iron Bowl to watch the Friday after. GO AUBURN! Then the next weekend is full with the SEC Championship on Saturday...again GO AUBURN!...and then we head towards Gainesville on Sunday, for Delilah's appointment with Dr. Miller. So as you can see, it was a must to get the tree up this weekend.

Ok, I will tell the truth. I just wanted to see Delilah's reaction to the tree. Last year she was too young to really notice all the beauty of the decorations. This year she is old enough to notice and take interest. Let me tell you, she is infatuated with the tree. She sat and stared at it for about 10 minutes when we put her in front of it for the first time. What surprised me most is that she hasn't tried to grab it or the ornaments. She has reached out to touch it a couple of times, but when we say "No" she stops and moves on to something else. She is such a good listener. This is going to be a magical Christmas!

And before I forget, I made my first Apple Pie today. I had to do a trial run before Thanksgiving. It really turned out great.


Well, that is all for today. I will try to get pics of D in front of the tree soon. Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment