Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Time for a big update!!!

Delilah has done so well the last couple of days. Her feedings have been going great! So great, that they removed all her feeding tubes!!!!!! Isn't she gorgeous?!?! (A tad bit tired, we just finished nursing.)
Her feedings, at night, with the nurses have also been going well. So well, in fact, the doctor gave us an expected Discharge date of Thursday or Friday. All she needs to do is keep eating well and show she is gaining weight. She did gain last night, so if she gains again tonight she may be going home tomorrow. Send out your prayers and cross your fingers for tomorrow! My patience is wearing thin and with the possibility of tomorrow I don't think I could stand it to wait just one more day. With her turning 1 month on Friday, I would like to celebrate in style and not waiting around all day in the NICU to be discharged. (I have seen how long it takes...some families don't leave until 7pm. We all know how patient I can be!!!!) As soon as I know more I will let you all know.






3 comments:

  1. I am so excited!!!! We will have to have a big 1 month birthday celebration. She looks beautiful without those tubes. Everyone keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are gorgeous Lily! I love you so much...very proud Aunt here in Florida that can't wait to hold you!!! Make us all even happier and get your little bum home tomorrow or friday! We are all rooting for you! And YAY for boobie milk...it has some of the best super powers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so thankful she is doing so much better. She is precious. I know you are excited to get her home. I will keep ya'll in our prayers that she gets to go home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete