Delilah was her adorable self, for the most part. Yesterday, while browsing the outlet mall, we experienced her first, true meltdown. Little girl was not happy. At all! It seemed everything was making her mad. It wasn't until after we had been home a while that we figured out the reason. Delilah had a fever and wasn't feeling well. We think it may be some teeth coming in. I should have known something was up when I saw this:
Delilah NEVER falls asleep on people, no matter how tired she is. She will always continue playing or talking. This only happens when a fever is involved. Luckily, a little medicine and she bounced back. This morning there were no signs of a fever.
Now for some New Year Resolutions:
1. Take more pictures of our growing girl. I can't believe how few I have taken in the past few months. I've been such a slacker and her 3 year scrapbook is going to be short if I don't get in it.
2. Speaking I'd scrapbook, catch up and keep up with her scrapbook as the year progresses. I haven't done a single page for this third year, and it is half way through. Better get on it.
3. Be more patient. I seriously lack in patience, but I am trying to work on it.
4. Be more frugal. Not by clipping coupons but by using what I have or making things from scratch. Did you know that you can make your own laundry detergent? Not only can it work better but it is much, much cheaper.
5. Go back to school. This is something I am eagerly working toward. I have done some serious thinking and finally decided the degree/career I want to work for. I want to be a Nutritionist/Dietician, a career choice directly related to Delilah's diagnosis of Prader-Willi Syndrome. I have also done my research and found that the University of Alabama offers this degree program via distance learning, which is essential considering Johns many TDY's with the military. At this time, there are a few obsticals in my way, which we are working on, but I have faith that I will be back in school at some point this year.
I hope that everyone had a great New Years Eve and an even better New Year. Here's hoping 2012 brings us everything we are hoping for or need.