Monday, February 14, 2011

One SMALL Step Walk-a-thon

I made the jump. I will be hosting a One SMALL Step Walk-A-Thon, an international fundraising event to support the Foundation for Prader-Willi Research's (FPWR) efforts to find a cure for PWS. Last year, on August 15th, 10 locations across the U.S., Canada, and the UK hosted walks in their communities and together raised over $225,000. The organizers of these events were parents of children with PWS, like me.

I can't do this alone. I will definitely need help! If you are interested in helping me with this wonderful cause, please contact me at kera.unfried@gmail.com.

First thing's first, I need to find a location for this event. For all of you in the Birmingham/Trussville area, do you know of a great location to host this event? Maybe a park (with lots of shade?) with a great walking trail? As I am not very familiar with the area I would love your help. I need to try to book a location ASAP. I am thinking of hosting it August 13th. (I know this is one of the hotter months, but I don't think I will have enough time to do it sooner. I plan to try to move it to May next year.)

Thank you for any help!

No comments:

Post a Comment