Monday, October 5, 2009

WHAT?!?

Frustrations. I had our pediatrician referral us to a Pediatric Endocrinologist. We need to see one soon to discuss our options concerning the Growth Hormone Supplement and any other supplements that will help Delilah grow up lean and strong. Well, I finally got a call with the appointment date, FEBRUARY 25. Seriously?!? Is that really the soonest? I am in the process of trying to bump that up, but it looks like my best bet is getting on a cancelation list. This is unacceptable to me. Most of the other babies I have read about have been on Growth Hormone since they were a few months old. Delilah is already 3 months old, and by the time she sees this doctor she will be 8 months old. If she needs this supplement, we need to start ASAP. I might just have to go out of town to find a doctor. There is a really good one in Gainsville, FL, that many of the other mothers rave about, Dr. Miller. Some families fly all the way from Utah to see her. Her specialty is PWS patients. From what I have read, she attends many of the PWS conferences and is hands on with the families. My only concern is getting insurance to allow me to see an out of town doctor. I am really disappointed right now. I really wanted to get her in to see the Endocrinologist soon. I guess I'm just gonna have to fight for it. Time for Momma to put on her boxing gloves. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment