Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Where to begin? Well, we had her 4 month check up last Friday. She gained 9 ounces in one week! Woohoo! She is now 9lbs 15 ounces (probably over 10lbs now).  I don't have to stress on her weight gain anymore. She is doing great! The doctor says she is looking good. Poor girl had to get 4 shots, but she is a trooper and survived.

The weekend was pretty uneventful. We went to the Young's house for football on Saturday. Sunday was a pretty blah day. No motivation to do anything but cuddle with Delilah and watch lousy TV movies. In other words, I wasted an entire weekend when I should have been packing. Procrastination has gotten the better of me. I will get to it soon. I work best under a tight deadline. 

Her sleep study was last night and it was MISERABLE. Poor baby had to be hooked up to a ton of probes. How they expected her to sleep with all that on, I have no idea. I do know that she was up every hour or so and wouldn't be settled unless I held her; not an easy task with all the wires. I really hope she doesn't have to have another one, ever. It doesn't seem like they can get an accurate read if she is waking up all the time. She sleeps through the night, no problem, when she is home in her own bed. 

Also, they left some of the sticky pads that held the probes on her chest and legs. They told me to give her a bath and they would come off easily. Not so much. I let her soak in the tub for about 5 minutes and then began pulling off the ones on her chest. Poor baby had crocodile tears. She has only had tears a couple of times and this was the worst I have seen them. I managed to get all the ones off her chest (left big red marks), but I couldn't do her poor little legs. They have so much hair and I didn't want to put her through it. So, I will be soaking her little legs, twice a day, in her tub with warm water and baby oil to help loosen them so we can get them off. She already gets poked and prodded so much that I just can't stand being the cause of any more pain then I have to. 

Hopefully now that the sleep study is done we will be able to start the Growth Hormone. More poking:( I wasn't able to wait to see the Doctor after the sleep study. We had to get home to sign for her medicine that would need to be refrigerated immediately. Fed Ex delivers early, so no time to wait for the doctor to make rounds. We hope to hear about the results tomorrow, but if not I will be calling to find out and will let everyone else know. 

Posts will probably be few over the next few weeks. Time to really get busy with the packing and moving. We close on the house Friday!!!! I will try to get Halloween photos posted as soon as I can. She is going to be so cute as a Flower Fairy. Hopefully the costume fits. Wish us luck on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment