Friday, September 11, 2009

House Hunting

So, we have some great news. We have started the wonderfully, exhausting process of searching for our first home. I have been scouring the net for homes in the areas of interest and most importantly in our price range. Who knew just sitting in front of my computer looking at homes would be so exhausting?!? I think I have looked at every home in our price range three or four times each. It is time to get off the couch and actually visit these houses, which I finally did today.

I went and looked at a home in Pinson. A home that has been on the top of my list. I loved the open floor plan and super sized yard. However, I was not a fan of the stacked washer and dryer in the kitchen's only pantry. I NEED a pantry. Correction, Delilah needs the pantry. With PWS, she will eventually begin to search for food, and we need to be able to lock it up to protect her. We cannot accomplish this without a pantry. Besides, who puts a washer and dryer in their kitchen when they have a perfectly good basement and garage? Well, that was answered almost immediately. The stairs leading to the basement were "break your neck" steep. Such a shame. The basement had been beautifully finished with a spare bedroom, game room, and den. There was no way I would ever let Delilah climb those stairs; I'm too afraid to do it myself.

Oh well. That was only the first house. Tomorrow is a new day and I will be spending it with our Realtor, Amber. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment