Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Sad

As many of you read a couple of posts ago, we had a bird make her nest on our porch. Apparently we have a very appealing house. Another bird decided to make her nest on my front door wreath. No joke! I think she liked that it was made of branches. Unfortunately for her, I used a suction cup wreath holder. I'm not sure if it was due to the recent bad weather, the weight of her nest, or the dirt she had unwittingly jammed under a part of the suction, but the wreath, nest and suction cup had fallen off the door this morning. I opened the door to find this:








It was very sad to see, especially those beautiful blue eggs smashed. I wish I would have thought to grab a picture of the nest before it took it's tumble. I bet the eggs laying perfectly in their nest would have made for a beautiful picture. So very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment