Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Creative Juices Flowing and UPDATES

Most of you know that I am an avid scrapbooker, both digitally and traditionally. I could open a store with all my scrapbook supplies. However, lately it has been more digital than traditional. (I recently completed 8 pages for Delilah's book in 2 days. A feat considering I do it during nap time and bed time.) Digital is so much easier and I can do more complex things with my page. There is also the added bonus of no clean up after. In all honesty, I haven't touched my 'traditional' scrapbook supplies in many many months. So I am thinking about selling it all. I figure if I'm not using it, someone else will. But I have missed the 'hands on' crafting. So what is a girl to do? Take up sewing of course!!! As you have seen in previous posts, I love it. There is something amazing about creating something from a piece of fabric. There are so many options and I cannot wait to try them all. Today was a day to try something new. I made a fabric 'yo-yo' (looks like a flower to me). Super cute and super easy. Well, once I made it I had to figure out what to do with it. My solution...personalized wipe case. Definitely not a necessity, but a fun way to use some cute fabric. Check it out:



Easy, easy, easy. I'm thinking about making more. I have a few of the wipes cases laying around the house. I also could use the 'yo-yo's' on the dresses I want to make for Delilah. Just to add a pop of texture. Oh the ideas just keep flowing.
Speaking of Delilah, I haven't really posted much on her lately. A shame considering this is her blog! So here is a 10 month update.
Little missy is getting so big. I weighed her on the 24th and she came it at 17 pounds, 4 ounces. She also measured 29.5 inches long. Tall and lean. Not sure if it is the growth hormone, but the girl is growing like a weed. As for some development updates, she is a rock star. She is sitting independently, eating table foods, standing with support, and her balance is getting better and better every day. We (therapists included) see signs of her crawling soon. We just have to get her little arms stronger. Her legs are great. I am so happy with her progress. Here are some random pictures I took of her recently.




See those two bottom teeth? Cutest things ever!!! Finally, one of her top teeth has broken through and the other one is only days away. I love a toothy grin!!! 

Just so you all know, May is National Prader-Willi Awareness month. I am trying to come up with some ways to get the awareness out there about this life long syndrome. Maybe I will try some fundraising. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe I could make something to sale with 100% of the proceeds going to the Foundaion for Prader-Willi Research. Please leave comments with any ideas you may have. 

Another UPDATE: (I know, long post) The PWS episode on Extreme Makeover Home Addition has been pushed back a week from what I can tell. It will not be May 2nd as previously posted. It looks like it has been pushed back to May 9th, Mothers Day. I will keep you updated if there are any other changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment