Monday, February 21, 2011

One SMALL Step Date



Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful! 

I am happy to report that I have secured a date and location for the One SMALL Step for Prader-Willi Walk-A-Thon. It will be Saturday, August 27th at Heardmont Park (5458 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242). Now that we have a date and location, we can start planning and preparing for this event. As you can imagine, I am going to need some help. I would like to set up a planning committee. If you are interested in participating, please let me know. Here are the things the committee will be focusing on:

Sponsorship-soliciting donors, collecting prizes
Course management-marking the course, course marshaling, clean up
Publicity-coordinating with news and radio stations, distributing literature
Volunteerism-gathering interested volunteers and assigning positions
Entertainment-determinging entertainment needs, booking entertainment
Silent Auction-collecting items for auction, running the silent auction

I look forward to getting this event up and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment