Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Snow

Saturday morning we woke up to a white winter wonderland. It snowed in Birmingham. Something I wasn't truly expecting. I know that it does happen from time to time, but I guess it just didn't register. Normally the sight of snow would bring back the oh so wonderful memories of winter in Alaska (<--insert sarcasm here), but this time I was very excited. It was Delilah's first snow and we had to get photos. So here you are:





We also went to the CMC (John's work) Christmas party today. It was a really fun time; especially the part where she took pictures with Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause. She did a great job. Did I mention she was the bell of the ball? So cute in her red Christmas dress.




Some updates on how she is doing: She has had great head control lately. Today, at the party, she sat in my lap for a good 5 minutes with her head up and looking forward. Much longer then she has done in the past. Also, when I was getting her dressed today, I flipped her on her belly to button her dress and she lifted her head about an inch off the mat. I was so excited. She did it again when I was changing her into her PJs. Such a strong girl. She is also laughing and talking (coo) more. She will suck in her bottom lip and just coo at her toys. She does most of her laughing at Daddy. She loves it when he makes funny faces at her. Below is a picture of her laughing while John is playing with her. One of the few times I have been able to get her smile on camera. So gorgeous.




Well, that's it for this post. It will be pretty slow the next couple of weeks while we gear up for Christmas. I will try to post anything new as it happens. Just in case, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that she is doing so well. Bringing back the memories of Alaska huh? We do miss you guys so much. She was super cute in her Christmas dress. We have been a super busy house the last couple of weeks. Phillip left for SP training on the 16 of Nov. He is in San Antonio until about the middle of March. I'm going to need all the patiance I can get for the next 4 months with holidays and birthdays coming up, and did I forget to mention that in between it all our four kids I have to take care of. So wish me luck. I hope you and John have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Tell John hello and kiss our little angel for me. By the way Liberty says hello!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! I swear I think she has grown a lot since I saw her at the end of Oct. She looks taller! I am glad you are getting settled in your new home. The Christmas tree looks great! Tell Jonathan I said hello and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete